Summer me time

With kids (and sometimes your partner) around all the time, it’s imperative that you get time for yourself. You are going to need all your energy in the coming months, and so you’re going to have to be very firm about what time is your time.

You might have to change your personal schedule around to make sure you get the time you need. I am not a huge fan of getting up early, because I love bed. I might even set that alarm, but when zero hour comes, I often roll over and snooze it. Once in awhile, though, I manage to get up and take a walk in the morning. While I love being awake before everybody else (once I actually do it), I find myself thinking about everything I have to that day, and it’s not always very relaxing. Your mileage may vary, of course!

Other options include:


• A Sunday night bath after the kids are sent to bed early
• A lunch out by yourself once a week (if you can find child care), with a book, journal, or just your thoughts for company.
• An hour with your favorite TV show while the kids are having quiet time
• Time at the library during a story hour for kids
• A turn on the treadmill while the kids are eating
Slow yoga before you go to bed

It’s hard to find something that works every time or every week. Pay attention to yourself and see if you feel like you’re not energized – if so, it’s time to rope up some help and give yourself an hour or two with yourself.

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Post a Comment